Sunday, December 23, 2012

I'm on a gratitute kick.

It's Christmas! 

And I'm moving two days after! 

Yep. I'm starting the moving process 2 days after Christmas. Who planned that? It couldn't have been me... I mean, I never choose the hard route... But it's ok! I do have a few reservations. The house is OLD. And it's technically a trailer and I vowed I would never, ever again live in a trailer. (Although to be fair to mom and dad, we lived in one of the upper class trailers of the area by far. It was probably also the happiest on the inside. I'd just rather not be reminded of middle school memories by living in a similar house.) But it doesn't feel like a trailer, it just feels like a small house. So I'm ok with it. Also I can paint and garden. YAY! So this older man who everyone just called Brother Barney (we're in mormon country people!) was a wonderful, well-loved man who passed away recently. He had sold his house to the Bishop who lives across the street so he wouldn't have to worry about anything with finances, etc. Now the Bishop has this house and a little yard in downtown Tetonia and he and his wife decided they wanted to see if they could help anyone out by renting it for a more than reasonable, almost-guilty-we're-not-paying-enough price. And they're renting it to us! I am so grateful! 


I've been looking for something on Craigslist for a LONG time that we could afford because I knew having Kerry closer to his shop would be so much better for him and we both wanted to get out of Rexburg. Being in Rexburg wards are dang hard. It feels more like a machine than a group of people trying to love each other. The Tetonia 2nd ward is awesome; one of the best wards I've ever been to. People are so genuine and down to earth. And I can start a studio in the valley. I already have several people interested!! I can continue my housekeeping job and maybe even expand ProClean's services to the valley. The only downside to living in Tetonia is that I'll be learning all new names and faces and leaving all the faces I love behind. All my sisters are in Rexburg at some time of the year. All my friends are in Rexburg too. I don't know if there are young people without kids that I would like yet. And that's a little scary for me. Going out of my way to get to know someone has always been hard for me. I just let people gravitate. Will people gravitate to me if everyone already has their life to live? I guess I'll have to rely on some heavenly help either way. And maybe not be too picky about hanging out with babies...


I need to get a new box picture. That is a Teton box.

On a very different note, last night we spent all night finishing some jewelry boxes. It was a huge order and we basically sanded for 3 days straight. Kerry stayed up all night finishing. He got done at 8 am. Yikes. They looked beautiful. But I was sleeping alone, sadly. I had to go to bed, I can't just stay up and function. He fakes it better than I do at least. But I was cuddling with him earlier (too much information?) and I was just so grateful that I get to sleep with my husband most of the time. I say most of the time, because he is the night owl of the world. His mom is a night owl, but he's almost anti-day night owl. How many people don't get to sleep with their husbands? They lose them, they drive a truck, they're across the world in the military, they don't find someone to share their life with. And he's there next to me. I don't need to worry. Sleeping next to him is one of my favorite things in the entire world. The peace and happiness I feel from being close to him is really one of the best blessings in my whole life.



So I have a husband that loves me, a house I can paint and garden while saving money for grad school, a job I enjoy, a career I'm getting opportunities to pursue, and I'm finding motivation to organize my life. I have a great family and I have music in my life. I really can't think of many things I'd ask for to make it better. Maybe have Minnesota next to Idaho... but that's not really going to happen. So I'm pretty dang happy with my life. I've been really really blessed.

If you'd like to read more things I'm grateful for, I wrote on my family's blog here!

I'm going to make food trays like Grandma Konnad for Christmas since I haven't had anytime to Christmas shop since I've been doing white glove cleaning for the university-approved apartments and then sanded boxes for 3 days straight. Tomorrow is a baking extraordanaire day. Is that a word? It is now. Somebody help my spelling. ...Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment