Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blogging is hard to remember to do.

Apparently. Because I think "man, I'm bored". So I finally find something to do, wish there was someone to tell about it, and then I just keep it to myself! What's the internet for anyways?!

So today I went to a job interview at Macy's. And the interviewer said he wanted to offer me a job! I wish I could remember his name... Only he said he'd call this afternoon with more specifics and he hasn't called yet. That worries me a little. Although-- working in Idaho Falls is not the best plan of my life. Especially if Kerry wants to sell his jewelry boxes in Jackson. We'll probably move to Driggs if that happens and there's no way I'm driving an hour and a half for a part time job. Nope. Just not happening. It would be really awesome to have a job in a place like Macy's though.

I will confess here and now: I want to work at Macy's because I would feel cool and upscale because it's way too expensive for me as a shopper. But I would probably get a discount- then I could replenish my wardrobe with wonderful things and buy stuff for my family for Christmas. I told him I wanted to work at Macy's because I'd always liked it, I like shopping, I like helping other people shop, and I like people. All true. But my confession is the most true...

In other news, Kerry just started school again. Yesterday he sent me a text saying "Rigoletto or Ghana?" WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! There are very few times I'll say this, but WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT OPERA WHEN YOU CAN GO TO AFRICA? Yes. Collegiate Singers is going to Africa just two semesters after I graduate.
I'm sad. But excited for Kerry. If he doesn't go, I'm taking his place and singing the stinking baritone part. So they'll go in April. Aah! I want to go to Africa. Can you imagine singing with those wonderful people? They don't even have to sound good (lets be honest, have you ever heard a horrible African choir, 'cause I haven't) but they put so much of their souls into their music. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Kerry also mentioned that the church is really strong in Ghana, so the excitement of Collegiate coming would be pretty dang awesome since its a church school.


So since I've been job-less, school-less, and generally hobby-less, and am trying continually to avoid cleaning my house, I decided one day I wanted to paint. So I grabbed my not-used-very-much paint and starting mixing stuff. I painted most of the frames I got at DI and had some left so I painted my necklace holder. I also still need to paint an "M" for one of Kerry's jobs/projects. Yay! Someday I'll post them all on my blog, or at least some of them. Here's an almost decent picture of one of Kerry's boxes:

The reason I really haven't gotten into blogging is that all the good blogs I see have SO many pictures, and pictures seem like a horribly inconvenient but necessary thing that I don't want to put the effort into... I guess I'm lazy. I just want to type. It's like a novel vs picture book, but my blog's contents are closer to picture book than novel. Dang it. That's ok. What other people's blogs look like don't have to be mine right? Right.

1 comment: